Stay home, stay safe, stay awesome start colouring.
It is recognized that adult colouring activity has great virtues in our behaviour and on the brain. Indeed, adult colouring will allow you to isolate yourself, to cut you off from the world for a pencil stroke. This is why many people call these drawings anti-stress colouring. In addition, the advantage of these colourings is, of course, the possibility to remake them to infinity with new colour palettes, and thus give them a whole other aspect.
Your brain experiences relief by entering a meditative state
- Stress and anxiety levels have the potential to be lowered
- Negative thoughts are expelled as you take in positivity
- Focusing on the present helps you achieve mindfulness
- Unplugging from technology promotes creation over consumption
- Colouring can be done by anyone, not just artists or creative types
- It’s a hobby that can be taken with you wherever you go
The Benefits of Coloring for Seniors
Research into the effects of colouring activities for people living with dementia shows positive outcomes, most notably a decrease in agitation and anxiety.
Remember that colouring is an excellent ‘Inter-generational Activity’. Colouring with children can be inspiring. Residents who may not colour a picture on their own may be willing to colour with their grandchildren or visiting school children. Sharing of this activity will promote conversations and the exchange of thoughts will provide relaxation and enjoyment.
Our custom, colouring pages include Collingwood iconic landmarks, we hope this will spark conversation and memories.